The Ordinary is a widely known skincare and treatment label that offers a wide range of solutions. From daily skincare routine to acne or pore treatment, it has something for everyone. That’s exactly why it can be confusing for first-timers or beginners who have shifted their focus from hefty tags to affordable alternatives by The Ordinary.
One effective solution that most people deem unnecessary for their skincare regime is skin exfoliation. While others who know how important it is, don’t always have the right products at their disposal. In The Ordinary glycolic acid toner review, you can get a clear picture of how useful and effective a simple acid toner can be.
Glycolic Acid Toning Solution is one such affordable, result-oriented and effective alternative for skin exfoliation that offers several benefits without breaking the bank.
Table of Contents
How is The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution helpful?
Let’s delve deeper to comprehend whether it is worth your while. At the end of The Ordinary glycolic acid toner review, you will know what to expect and how it can prove to be a better alternative for a better, healthier skin.
How does The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution work?
Acne and comedones are caused by clogged skin pores where debris gets collected. The process of exfoliation facilitates the removal of dead skin cells that act as debris and clog the pores.
This process lays the groundwork for other skincare products that better penetrate the skin and show better results. However, it is important to know that over-exfoliation can damage your skin by removing essential layers or particles.
The Glycolic Acid Toning Solution comes with clear instructions to avoid any complications regarding exfoliation.
Price- $16.88 for 240 ml
- Fragrance-free, Cruelty-free, Mineral oil-free, Paraben-free, Sulfates free effective exfoliating solution.
- Corrects textural irregularities and makes skin radiant.
What are the key ingredients?
There are four key ingredients used in the preparation of The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution and each offers a different function.
Glycolic Acid – facilitates exfoliation
Tasmanian Pepperberry – reduces skin irritation
Ginseng – act as a complexion booster and produces healthy new skin after dead skin removal
Aloe Vera – good for soothing skin
What is Glycolic Acid?
Glycolic Acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid that facilitates skin exfoliation by penetrating into the skin and breaking down the dead skin cells.
It is the key for The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution that acts as a less harsh exfoliating agent in comparison to other products in the market. Glycolic Acid boosts radiance and improves skin clarity.
It is the smallest AHA with a pH between 3 and 4. The 7% toning solution by The Ordinary is the most effective exfoliator with a pH of 3.6. Therefore, it targets dead skin cells without causing any damage to the skin owing to its other essential ingredients.
The most important section in The Ordinary glycolic acid toner review is how to use and other important instructions.
Directions to use
It is better to use the toning solution in the evening only.
- First, cleanse the face and pat it dry.
- Use a cotton ball or swab to apply it evenly all over the face and target the acne-prone areas. You may experience skin irritation that could last a few seconds.
- Do not rinse it off.
- Apply a moisturizer, oil, or emulsion.
The brand advises to use it only at night or in the evening. As most acids can increase skin sensitivity due to sun exposure, it is better to use sunscreen in the morning during the application period.
- Even skin tone and clearer skin. Exfoliates the skin without causing dehydration.
- Quicker results than other expensive products.
- Less pigmentation and skin has become clearer.
- It stings for a few minutes, but over time the skin becomes tolerant.
- The pores have shrunk, preventing acne breakouts or flare-ups.
Next in The Ordinary glycolic acid toner review, I have answered the most important questions to help you with the skincare regime and glycolic acid combinations?
- Paraben-free, oil-free, and silicone-free.
- It is a cruelty-free product which makes it super comfortable.
- It is also oil-free and alcohol-free, so allergies are a no-no.
- Affordable and value for money.
- It is easily available online or in the market, but if you get it online, you can always return it and get a head start from the reviews prior to making the purchase online.
- It reacts differently for different skin types, so a patch test is a must.
- Due to acid concentration, sunscreen cannot be avoided.
1. Can I use glycolic acid with retinol?
Yes, you can use the glycolic acid with retinol, they make a great combination. Nonetheless, if you experience irritation or other skin concerns, avoid the combination. Though the combination is effective at the skin’s pH level.
2. Can I use glycolic acid with hyaluronic acid?
Anti-aging retinol, Vitamin C, and glycolic acid can be harsh on the skin. They leave dry and dehydrated; thus, layering it with hyaluronic acid is always a good idea.
3. Can I wash off glycolic acid?
As glycolic acid is water-soluble, you can easily rinse it off with water. Within a few minutes, it penetrates deep into your skin.
4. What is the right time to apply glycolic acid?
It depends on your skincare regime and other products you are using. However, it is better to apply the glycolic acid in the evening to avoid sun exposure.
My take on The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution
The brand offers some of the cheapest and best products for a steady and better skincare routine. The results may vary based on skin type, but the solution offers quick results if used properly. Follow proper instructions and in some time, you can expect clearer, radiant skin that prevents acne or pimples.
I have included everything related to the toner in The Ordinary glycolic acid toner review. However, before wrapping up, I would like to share a pro tip. Try using it with The Ordinary Niacinamide Zinc Solution to remove dullness and get even-toned skin.